Portland - Summer and Roses

Okay - so I promised a new layout, but it might not be immediately forthcoming... As I can't find one I like enough to switch to... *laughing* Eventually, I will though, so keep an eye out... I *did* change some things around in the sidebar, and deleted some outdated links and incompatible code though...

And while I *will* get into what I've been up to during my months of silence - right now I just want to get back into blogging every few days...

This month is the start of the Portland Rose Festival, and as the Rose Festival Wa-Mu Waterfront Village is right across the bridge from our place, I've been taking the neice and nephew over every day... One of the big highlights was getting to show them the Lady Washington, a tallship whose crew I know of old... They were *very* impressed, and it was good to see the Lady again... She is truely one of the most beautiful sailing vessels afloat... Fun has been had by all thus far, with the exception of a tummyache on the part of my nephew (which is entirely his own fault)... Fleet Week begins on the 6th, and we'll get to tour some U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, and Canadian Maritime ships too, which will please my nevvie to no end...

There's also the 119th Annual Spring Rose Show, which I'm very excited about, even though I don't have an entry in this year... I just haven't been able to spend enough time on my roses to produce a truly spectacular specimen.... It's also about time to renew my membership in the Portland Rose Society, but I'm fairly sure I can do that at the Rose Show...

So there's a lot more to do during Rose Festival month, and I don't want to miss any of it... And the gigs are lucretive this time of year as well... Mainly because of all the tourists pouring in from Northern California, Washington state, and Idaho, as well as other parts of Oregon... In two nights, I made over $400 in tips alone... But I'll miss the Festival of Flowers this year, because next Monday we're off to Los Angeles for work and recording... (And I'll have more to say about *that* later...)

So the last couple of days have been a fun ride, and a welcome break from the crazy it's been this year... And while I know this post isn't my typical thrill-a-minute prose, forgive me... I'm relearning old habits and I promise I'll pick it up again quick... Thanks for hanging in there...

(Oh - and scroll down to my Evocations... The Art Quote of The Day is one I believe with all my heart...)

0 Responses