Touched


Now, I had a *lovely* post for my dearest Heather, who "touched" me (not that kind of touch! she's like a sister! get your mind out of the gutter!) to ask what was in my playlist - but Blogspot's many problems caused my lovely post to eaten by the ether, never to be seen again... So here it is, second try, new playlist, and let's hope Blogspot/Blogger lets it alone, huh...?

My Playlist:

All by Dashboard Confessional

1. As Lovers Go
Meaningful Lyrics: "I'll be true... I'll be useful... I'll be cavalier... I'll be yours, my dear... And I'll belong to you, if you just let me through... This is easy as lovers go, so don't complicate it by hesitating... And this is wonderful as loving goes, this is tailor-made, what's the sense in waiting...?"

"And I said, 'I've gotta be honest, I've been waiting for you all my life'... For so long I thought I was asylum-bound, but just seeing you makes me think twice... If being with you here makes me sane, I fear I'll go crazy if you leave my side... You've got wits... You've got looks... You've got passion... But are you brave enough to leave with me tonight...?"

2. Bend And Not Break
Meaningful Lyrics: "I'm talented with reason... I cover all the angles... I can fail before I ever try..."

"I am fairly agile... I can bend and not break... Or I can break and take it with a smile... And I am so resilient... I recover quickly... I'll convince you soon that I am fine..."

"Try to understand... There's and old mistake that fools will make... And I'm the king of them, pushing everything that's good away... So won't you hold me now...? (I will not bend, I will not break) Won't you hold me now...? (For you I rise, for you I fall)"

3. Carry This Picture
Meaningful Lyrics: "Carry this picture for luck... Kept in a locket... Tucked in your collar... Close to your chest... Make it a secret... Shown to the closest friends..."

"Color the coast with your smile... It's the most genuine thing that I've ever seen... I was so lost... But now I believe..."

"Down to the edge of the water... Where we'll spill our guts and we'll name our fears... I'll give you this picture... Keep it and don't be scared..."

4. Carve Your Heart Out Yourself
Meaningful Lyrics: "Man, it takes a silly girl to lie about the dreams she has... Lord, it takes a lonely one to wish that she had never dreamt at all... Oh look now, there you go with hope again... Oh, you're so sure I'll be leaving in the end..."

"Dig a ditch deep enough... To keep you clear of the sun... You've been burned more than once... You don't think much of trust..."

"Oh look now, there you go with hope again... But I'll be sure your secret's safe with me... Oh, you're so sure I'll be leaving in the end... Treating me like I'm already gone... But I'm not, I will stay where you are always... I will stay, I will stay, I will stay..."

5. Hands Down
Meaningful Lyrics: "Breathe in for luck... Breathe in so deep... This air is blessed, you share with me..."

"My hopes are so high, that your kiss might kill me.... So won't you kill me, so I die happy... My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelery, which ever you prefer..."

"Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember..."

"And you stood at your door with your hands on my waist and you kissed me like you meant it... And I knew that you meant it..."

6. Hey Girl
Meaningful Lyrics: "Well, so what if your friends think I'm crazy...? I wasn't trying to impress those girls anyway... They're all theory, no action... And where I'm from, we live like it's the latest attraction..."

"Hey girl, you've got a short fuse... And I've got designs on lighting you up... And setting you off, and watching you burn for me..."

7. Living in Your Letters
Meaningful Lyrics: "Pouring over photographs... I'm living in your letters... Breathe deeply from this envelope... It smells like you and I can't be without that scent... It's filling me with all you mean to me..."

"Continually failing these trials but you stand by me nonetheless... And you won't let me sink..."

"These roads go on forever... There will always be a place for you, in my heart..."

8. Several Ways To Die Trying
Meaningful Lyrics: "Tonight, they're burning the roads they built to lead us to the light... And blinding our hearts with their shining lies, while closing our caskets cold and tight... But I'm dying to live..."

"You should have warned us, these heights are dizzying, and the climb can kill you long before the fall..."

"Oh how we've shouted, how we've screamed, 'Take notice, take interest, take me with you'... But all our fears fall on deaf ears..."

Each of these songs and the "meaningful lyrics" I've listed touch me and are reflective of the things I think, and hope, and dream, and fear... I listen to them and contemplate what that says about me and the direction my life takes/is taking...

I tag/touch no one for this, but if you want to share with me what you listen to and why - I want to know... Post it in your blog and drop me a link... Music shouts out what we never even whisper to ourselves, and to know a person's music is to have an insight into that person's soul... Or maybe that's just the musician in me talking... *soft smile*
5 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Due to my cynical and abrasive nature, I think my work soundtrack consists pretty much of one song,
    Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit.
    "Its just one of those days
    When you don't wanna wake up
    Everything is f*cked
    Everybody sux
    You don't really know why
    But you want justify
    Rippin' someone's head off
    No human contact
    And if you interact
    Your life is on contract
    Your best bet is to stay away motherf*cker
    It's just one of those days!!"

    :)


  2. Axe Says:

    I'd have to fill up my whole blog. I have so many. Being a muso too, I can find meaning and relation to just about any song.

    Heart of Steel by Manowar:

    "I fight the world and take all they can give.
    There are times my heart hangs low,
    Born to walk against the wind, born to hear my name
    No matter where I stand, I'm alone..."


  3. Charles Says:

    Music shouts out what we never even whisper to ourselves, and to know a person's music is to have an insight into that person's soul.

    I agree!

    Actually Angelia, I think your Journal entry for this meme is better than mines.

    I like how you added the meaningful lyrics after you named the song. That was an excellent idea!


  4. BlogOmar Says:

    You need to get Ice-T up in that playlist, my darling. Nothing like being a High roller!!! Hee!


  5. Angelia Rian Says:

    Fury - That is my song at work some nights too... But I have to smile while I rip their heads off... ;)

    Axe - I used to relate to that one too...

    Charles - I still like yours... It was very insightful as to "the inner Charles"... *smiles*

    And adding the lyrics was actually an afterthought - I decided I wanted to give an idea of what *I* hear in them... :)

    Omar - Actually, I do sometimes have Ice-T in my playlist... Something about his lyrics and his voice just get to me... (In a good way...!)