The City of Roses


I love this city... I really do... But never so much as at night, when the sun goes down and the lights go up... I'm feeling a bit under the weather, however - so I can't do what I long to... To walk out to my bridge and sit there in the wind, watching the cars speed past and listening to the chill wind rush down the river... Staring out at the city lights and dreaming my dreams... It helps to think, and to clarify, the tempest of thoughts that always rage through me...

It is my sanctuary there, my place of peace... From that spot I can breathe in the essence of my river city - the sounds of it, the taste of it, the feel of it's heartbeat... The life of my City of Roses... And from the bridge, where the winds blow wild, I feel as if I might take off and fly... Yet another attempt of mine to reach the sky... To taste, for a moment, the freedom of the winds, or the birds... Looking down upon a tapesty of urban jungle, and feeling one with it...

I miss that when I can't have it... And I miss it tonight, as I stare out my window at the bridge - knowing it waits for me, once I am well... Tonight, though, my thoughts would be far away... Beyond my city, it's rivers and it's roses... Dreams of another city, past and present... Wondering if that city holds a future for me as well...

Gazing out the window at the spanning arc of steel, I sigh softly...

*********************************************************************

And since it seems to have gotten lost in the other post -

A game I nicked from Heather:

Describe me in ONE WORD... just one word that you feel sums me up best... Leave that one word in your comment, and if you pick up this game too, leave your link so I can give you my one word... :)

8 Responses
  1. Axe Says:

    Sublime


  2. Charles Says:

    I don't know if I can do this in one word.

    I think you have a wonderful heart.

    Heart!

    "basis of emotional life: the human heart, considered as the source and center of emotional life, where the deepest and sincerest feelings are located and an individual is most vulnerable to pain"

    Hope you feel better.


  3. Prom Says:

    Talented!

    Oh and Happy valentine's day


  4. Unknown Says:

    Inspiring.


  5. Charley Says:

    whisper :)

    Hi!

    ;)


  6. Ken Says:

    Elegant.


  7. Chris Says:

    Intelligent

    This is a lovely picture and your words are something created by a master craftsman.

    Chris
    My Most Recent Entry 2/17/06


  8. Charles Says:

    I found something similar to the one word thing. It's on Paul's journal Here is mines.


    http://kevan.org/johari?view=cinisoul