So Jeanette gave me an idea... "When you're not really up to writing anything profound, why not share some of your experience on your journal...?" So, periodically, I'll be sharing places I've been, arts I've learned, and other bits of errant wisdom that float around aimlessly through my cranium... *grin* This first one is about travel - world wonders you should see at least one in your life...

Places You Should Visit Before You Die

These are the wonders of the ancient world and our ancestors... To be in *any* of these places is to be awed and inspired by the immense accomplishment of human will and desire... And it is humbling, because in a world that was harsh (and sometimes savage) these people managed to create something grand and beautiful... These places are a testiment to what humanity was, is, and can be...

1. The Great Pyramid, Giza Plateau, Egypt

2. The Parthenon, Athens, Greece

3. The Colosseum, Rome, Italy

4. Pompeii & Herculaneum, Italy

5. The Ming Tombs, Beijing, China

6. Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan

7. Ruins of Nan Madol, Pohnpei, Micronesia

8. Machu Picchu, Peru

9. Teotihuacan, Mexico

10. Stonehenge, Salisbury Plain, England
2 Responses
  1. Ken Says:

    I liked the idea of China and Japan, probably since I'm abit biased in that area. And for some odd reason, I would think the Steppes of Russia would be an interesting place.

    I'm not sure if that qualifies as being in the ancient world. I'm sure the Cossacks may believe so.


  2. Angelia Rian Says:

    The Rus Steppes *are* an interesting place - but there's not much to see unless you like the wild country... Which is the *only* reason I didn't list it... But *I* like it very much, and it is quite possibly as ancient as you can get, in terms of lifestyle... *smiles*