Last night was our annual LGBT/PFLAG potluck holiday dinner...

And I don't think we've had so many people before...! Everyone was really involved this year (and not just because of the marriage issue) and it was *so* wonderful to see everyone come together in fellowship and thanks for a year of volunteer work well done... There were twice as many PFLAG parents this year, too - a sight which warmed my heart... We're bridging the gaps and coming together... Like we always should have...

Mary was our co-ordinator again this year, and as per usual, made the event as glamourous as a potluck can be... *smiles* My contribution to the pot was slow-cooked cajun shrimp gumbo (a family recipe passed on to me by Jeanette who knows more about awesome New Orleans cooking than I will ever learn) , and double chocolate cupcakes with mint frosting (and garnished with Andes Mints)... I didn't even *get* a cupcake, they vanished within minutes... *laughs*

I got to deliver our volunteer awards for this year as well... All except my own, which was a wonderful surprise delivered by Mary... If I'd known I was getting one, I might have prepared something to say... As it was, I sounded a bit lame: "Oh...! Gee...! Wow...! Um, this is so cool...! Thanks...! I mean, thank you, everyone...!" I must have looked like a deer in the headlights up there, but all the laughter was good-natured... *smiles*

I wish all our get-togethers would come off so well, but in life, sometimes you have to take the bitter with the sweet, I suppose... Last night, was perfect, though... There was friendship, appreciation, unity, and love... I wish every day could end so well... For all of us...
0 Responses